Friday 13 January 2012

Hill no 76 - 19 The Wall

By this time I was running VERY VERY late for "xmas" dinner at my Dad's and I was slightly fearful of a very frosty reception by the time I got there!


This fear outweight the fear of the dreaded "Wall" - but I was somewhat concerned as I descended down Kidds Hill to get to "the Wall" as I knew I was going to have to get back up it once I had completed the climb.
At the bottom of the climb there was a bridge and a ford and I stopped briefly to set off the video, take a couple of photos and prepare myself. A couple of forestry guys pulled over in a truck and I was glad to see that I wasn't the only one out here working!


The start of the climb was pretty easy and consistent, but the best bit about it was when the road straightened and rose in a steep dead straight line ahead of me, with the trees growing over it to make a tunnel. It looked fantastic and the photo doesn't really do it justice.

A decent long steep gradient where you could see the top all the way through, but going to get shot out of the top (or hobble over it) - really nice and "different".


There is a climb like it pretty close to where I'm from going up from Tetsworth to Postcombe in Oxfordshire (although that is the A40 it is a pretty quiet road) and I really enjoyed it (even forgetting temporarily about how much trouble I was in!)

Garmin Data here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/134994617
Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100hillsforgeorge/sets/72157628748464639/
Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_aWQn41odQ&list=UU_-Huk3Gbwz9QNbiVD1X_jw&index=1&feature=plcp

No comments:

Post a Comment